(6) And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allāh without knowledge and who takes it [i.e., His way] in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment.
- i.e., that which has no benefit. Described by different ṣaḥābah as shirk (association with Allāh), misleading stories, frivolous songs, or music but includes all which distracts or diverts one from the Qur’ān and remembrance of Allāh.
(10) He created the heavens without pillars that you see and has cast into the earth firmly set mountains, lest it should shift with you, and dispersed therein from every creature. And We sent down rain from the sky and made grow therein [plants] of every noble kind.
(12) And We had certainly given Luqmān wisdom [and said], "Be grateful to Allāh." And whoever is grateful is grateful for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever denies [His favor] - then indeed, Allāh is Free of need and Praiseworthy.
(14) And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.
(15) But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in [this] world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to Me [in repentance]. Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.
(16) [And Luqmān said], "O my son, indeed if it [i.e., a wrong] should be the weight of a mustard seed and should be within a rock or [anywhere] in the heavens or in the earth, Allāh will bring it forth. Indeed, Allāh is Subtle and Aware.
(20) Do you not see that Allāh has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allāh without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].
(21) And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allāh has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that upon which we found our fathers." Even if Satan was inviting them to the punishment of the Blaze?
(27) And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allāh would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allāh is Exalted in Might and Wise.
(29) Do you not see [i.e., know] that Allāh causes the night to enter the day and causes the day to enter the night and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term, and that Allāh, of whatever you do, is Aware?
(32) And when waves come over them like canopies, they supplicate Allāh, sincere to Him in religion [i.e., faith]. But when He delivers them to the land, there are [some] of them who are moderate [in faith]. And none rejects Our signs except everyone treacherous and ungrateful.
(33) O mankind, fear your Lord and fear a Day when no father will avail his son, nor will a son avail his father at all. Indeed, the promise of Allāh is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you and be not deceived about Allāh by the Deceiver [i.e., Satan].
(34) Indeed, Allāh [alone] has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allāh is Knowing and Aware.
- i.e., every aspect of the fetus' present and future existence.
EQE is a portal featuring free and trustworthy translations of the meanings and exegeses of the noble Qur'an in many world languages. These renditions have been prepared by reliable translators under the careful supervision of specialized bodies. They are both accessible and shareable on social media.
1. Creating a free electronic reference of the exegeses and translations of the meanings of the noble Qur'an, following the methodology of Ahl-us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa`ah; to replace the unreliable references currently available on the Internet.
2. Providing a variety of electronic versions of the, translations, exegeses, and other related information that can be used on smart devices, applications, and systems.
3. Giving free and easy access to authentic translations and exegeses through search engines and global sources of information.
4. Developing the exegeses and translations by involving specialists and concerned individual in the revision, assessment, and correction of the translations of and information related to Qur'anic verses using electronic assessment and correction systems.
Stages of work:
The best and the most authentic translations and exegeses of the meanings of the Qur'an are compiled to give free access to them in all possible formats.
The selected translations of the meanings of the Qur'an are entered into the system. The texts are carefully converted and uploaded, so they can easily be saved, retrieved, and shared electronically. The translations will be continuously revised and corrected, Allah willing.
Availability and publication:
A large number of translations of the meanings and exegeses of the noble Qur'an are published on EQE portal, accessible on all systems, smart devices, and electronic networks.
1. Ensuring that work is done in a scientific manner, corresponding with the methodology of Ahl-us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa`ah.
2. The output and originals of the EQE project are freely accessible to all Muslims.
3. Ensuring a collective participation throughout the foundation and development stages.
4. Working to high standards of exactitude, using exhaustive sources of information, and referring to specialist scholars.
5. Continuous development and keeping abreast of technical innovations to effectively disseminate the translations of the meanings of the Book of Allah.